Patrick Stephenson – Patrick Stephenson Ltd
Voted Arable Advisor of the year 2007 by Farmers Weekly.
Patrick has had experience in agriculture across most parts of the UK. Daily contact with the industry across many sectors gives him a unique insight into the working of the countries agriculture.
Over 30 years he has developed an in-depth understanding through a variety of experiences; from delivering on farm advice and training courses for DEFRA, to running training courses on behalf of Land Based Training (LANTRA). Not only does he understand the farming side, he also understands the planning side through his involvement with a number of initiatives.During the last 20 years he has produced Agricultural Impact Assessments as part of the Environmental Impact studies for organisations such as the Highways Agency, National Utilities and individual farmers/estates as part of planning applications. Through this work he has attended and given evidence on national enquiries in relation to many aspects of agricultural development.His passion for the industry has been illustrated by his involvement at government level, through the role of Chairman of Association of Independent Crop Consultants (AICC). This position led on to him becoming Co-Chairperson of the Global Alliance of Independent Crop consultants involving 13 countries.Patrick’s professionalism was recognised when he was voted Britain’s Agronomist of the Year 2001 by Crops Magazine and again in 2007 by Farmers Weekly as the National Arable Advisor of the Year.
- Fortnightly/Monthly farm visits/crop walking
- Disease, weed and pest identification
- Agronomy spray recommendations
- Spray price sourcing and ordering
- Crop variety and rotation advice
- Fertiliser and nutrient advice
- Single Farm Payment (SFP) applications
- Defra form completion
- Planning applications
- Waste Management plans
- Soil Protection plans
- Crop Protection plans
- Manure Management plans
- Environmental and Countryside Stewardship Advice
- Soil sampling and pH testing
- Farm diversification/Renewable energy/Biofuels advice
- Catchment Sensitive Farming (CSF) Farm visits and reviews
AGRICULTURAL IMPACT ASSESSMENTS
- Agricultural impact assessment reports and field work.
- Assessments in relation to major transport routes – including Motorways and A road by-pass schemes.
- Assessments in relation to major power routes – including electrical and gas pipe lines.
- Representation at Public Consultation.
TRAINING AND PUBLIC SPEAKING
- Recognised Trainer for LANTRA – Land Based Training
- Provision of Talks on a variety of crop related topics for the Home Grown Cereals Authority, National Manufacturing Companies, Universities and Agricultural Colleges.
- Published Paper for British Crop Protection Council
North Yorkshire • YO18 8NH
Office Tel: 01751 477104
Patrick’s Mobile: 07973 537427
Send Patrick a message using the form below: